Monday 22 September 2014

Chirp Session

Not sure what possessed me to be so bold and just immediately call without any hesitation or pretense.  Maybe it was all the foolish adrenaline I was feeding off of post visit with Leilani and Piper.

Ring.  Ring.

Him:
Hello?

He has a nice voice.  A perfect baritone.  Eeek…butterflies!

Me:
Hi.  How are you?

He giggles.

Him:
Wow.  Wasn’t expecting you to call so soon.

Oh shit.

Me:
You gave me your number.

Him:
Hahaha…It’s fine.  I just thought you would give me a text first.

Oops. 

Me:
Oh.  Well kinda late for that now isn’t it?

So began our telephone date.  He was a well-educated professional with a successful career.  I think he was a little tipsy when we were talking and thusly just a little manic BUT that didn’t bother me.  He was funny as hell.  We had a really good playful banter going.  He asked me about my current love life.  I told him I’m not looking for anything serious.  I just want to date and have some fun.  He asked what my marital situation was.  I said separated.

He told me that he doesn’t date women who are separated but that, “There’s something about you that makes me want to know more.” We talked and laughed and then a little over an hour later he said he had to go.  He suggested that we should meet one day.  I told him to let me know and then we called our phone date a night.  I immediately called Leilani and gave her the 411.  We spoke for about 15 minutes when I noticed that he was trying to call me on the other line.  I politely told Leilani to fuck off so I could take the call.  She laughed and wished me luck. 

When I answered, it was quarter to midnight.  He told me that it didn’t feel right that we stopped talking so soon.  HOLY FUCK!  Blush city!!!  We discussed my amputation and he told me that he didn’t care about it.  That I was still “beautiful” in my photos. Swoon.  He then got a little serious and said what he was about to tell me may change my opinion about him and that I may not want to continue but he wanted to be clear and truthful with me. 

He proceeded to tell me that he was a ‘man-whore’.  That was it?  The revelation wasn’t shocking BUT it was in the realm of what was acceptable to me.  Who am I to judge?  To be honest, I was a little jealous.  I wish I was experienced.  Seems a shame that I so badly want to sow my wild oats now when everything is sagging and that I have an appendage missing.

Not once during our phone conversation was there any talk of anything overtly sexual.  We just laughed at his bad jokes and talked about our mutual interests in art and culture.  We spoke until 1:15am!  I was the one who had to go this time.  I wanted to take a shower before bed.  Again before we let each other go he suggested that we meet.  I again told him to let me know when works best for him and to call or text me.

 When I got out of the shower, I noticed there was a text message on my phone.  IT WAS FROM HIM!!!  He still wanted to talk with me!!!  I let him call me back and we finally pinned down a date and time to meet.  We would meet later today—since it was technically already early Tuesday.  He offered to call in and spend the day with me should I desire but I would have to meet up at 10:30am…AT HIS PLACE! 

Yeah right!!  After the fiasco that was with Rico Suave there was no fucking way I was putting myself in a situation where I didn’t have much control.  I told him his gesture was very charming but I already had daytime plans.  I suggested that we meet for coffee.  I’m NEVER doing dinner again after what happened on Saturday.  He agreed and we planned to meet at the Starbucks in his neighbourhood.  By the time we settled all the details it was 2:17am!!  I purred out my goodnight to him and he in turn huskily bid me adieu.

I went to bed that night smiling.  I woke up just after 7am to a text.

Him:
Morning…I think the world of you…

No wonder this guy was a man-whore!  He knows EXACTLY how to reel us bitches in!!  I was kind of pleased that his first thought in the morning after speaking only mere hours ago, were of me.  SQUEE!!!

Me:
Good morning…looking forward to meeting you…

Him:
Same…have a great day…see you soon...

Forty-eight hours after disaster date number one, with the help of Leilani and Piper, I landed date number two.  I was more excited then nervous this time and called my girlfriends to let them know that I’m back in the saddle for round two and the horse’s name was Mr. Tuesday.

















No comments:

Post a Comment